Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody was running the teraflex 6" elite lcg lift. If you liked it or what you thought about it and 37's.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Good god thats ALOT of lift on a JK. The 4 inch lift is almost overkill in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
They have a flat fender kit out now that allows for up to 38s I think with no rub on or off road. You could easily run 3.5 or 4 inches of lift with 37s and probably get no rub. I may be dead wrong about this but 6 inches is overkill.

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
^ True. Trim your fenders, and you could easily run 3.5-4" of lift and 37's. I run 35's on 3.5", and I could definitely fit 37's to FULL flex with trimmed, or flat, fenders.

Have you taken into account re-gearing, beefing up your axles, etc. as well? Mark W.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking at 5.38 with my manual tranny, I have the Dana 44 front and rear I didn't think that they would really need to be fixed. I was also looking at new front and rear drive shafts. One question though do I need both new drive shafts?

·
Registered
258 Posts
your axles should be fine unless you wheel your jeep pretty hard. I would think both drive shafts need to be replaced with that lift though, especially the front.

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
Take it from someone who actually wheels their JK hard- you WILL bend the axles, or mess up your C's- the known weak point of the JK is the front axle tubes and C's. Gussets and sleeves are cheap insurance against this- a bit of work and welding, and you're 50% stronger.
Or, go big boy and Prorock 44 the front :)
As for the gears, 5.13's would be a better bet for the 6-speed. Otherwise you'll be 3K+ RPM's at 70MPH- NOT fun! :) Mark W.

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
Of course- a lot of folks get by without beefing up their front axle. But down the road, they go to add sleeves, and lo and behold, their axle is bent- how on Earth did that happen? Silly rabbit! :) Mark W.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
thaduke2003 said:
Of course- a lot of folks get by without beefing up their front axle. But down the road, they go to add sleeves, and lo and behold, their axle is bent- how on Earth did that happen? Silly rabbit! :) Mark W.
Have you watched the rubicon trail videos on project jk, someone on there breaks his axle on the trail and they weld it back together using a wrench as a splint lol.

·
Vendor
6,293 Posts
6" of lift? :eek: Way too high. Do as the others have suggested and trim a little, stay in the 3.5' ~ 4" range on your lift and get the sleeves and gussets or the PRO ROCK 44. I have ads in the vendor spotlight section if you need help with acquiring products. Or you can PM me.

There is no reason to put your rig that high with today's after market body parts, trimming tools, and touch up paint. As Mark said, 5.13s would be the better option with the manual trans, 5.38s with the slush box auto.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts