Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My jeep is a 2000 tj currently with a 6" skyjacker long arm lift. And 35 inch tires it has a d44 rear and stock front not defeated. I'm wanting to get the aev 4.5 springs, is that possible to do on my current lift will alot have to be changed and adjusted like shocks pinion angle etc. Ik I would be a lot more comfortable with my jeep on 33's Untill I can afford gears and axles. Sorry if this is a stupid question I haven't had my jeep long still learning any help would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
yes, you can do it...you'll just need to adjust everything accordingly....shorten the sway bar links and/or brake line length the necessary amount, new shocks, change bumpstop extensions, adjust pinion angle, caster, toe-in, etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So all I would have to buy is shocks and the springs? If I put 33s on it now is it gonna handle poorly I just picture a smaller tire making my jeep less stable its my daily driver all I have is 1200 bucks too get tires and pay for springs and parts winter is really bad hear in new Hampshire and I really want to get duratracs I have mud country's now and there terrible in snow. Am I better off just getting new tires and rims and re gearing in spring? I'm trying to go the lest costly route right now.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
So all I would have to buy is shocks and the springs?
Did you read my post?

yes, you can do it...you'll just need to adjust everything accordingly....shorten the sway bar links and/or brake line length the necessary amount, new shocks, change bumpstop extensions, adjust pinion angle, caster, toe-in, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts