Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Jeepers,

My Jeep just turned 60 thousand miles. I was wondering if anyone has actually performed the suggested service from the manual. I was thinking of taking my Jeep to the dealer for a checkup and to swap fluids in my trans (manual) and transfer case. Thinking about going synthetic... what do you think?

My radiator sprung a leak at the 25 thousand mark and instead of getting a new radiator I used GM stop leak tablet and issue was resolved. Kind of wish i had a new radiator even though it doesn't leak.. I would like to fix it right... Swapping the antifreeze is also on the list of services to be performed at the 60 thousand mile mark.. Should I have them drop me in a new radiator w/ fresh fluid or just put fresh fluid in?

Main drive belt appears to be in good condition... was thinking about just having them replace that while it was in there..

I could do all of this myself and am hesitant to take it to the dealer.. Im one of those that doesn't let anyone touch my Jeep.. but it just seems like a good idea to take it to the dealer and just say... perform my 60 thousand mile service.

Advice? Think they'll just rip me off?

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
IMO get the transmission, transfer case, and differential fluids changed.
If you have the means to do this yourself you will save lots of money and have the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

If I was going to swap the radiator I would go with a Griffin radiator instead of OEM.
The Griffin is all aluminum and well built.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts