Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife will be getting a new car and I will be taking over our 2016 JK as my toy. I have a ton of mods that I will be looking to do but one is swapping out the V6 with a 6.4L Hemi. Is there anyone out there that has done this and what am I getting into with wiring, computers, auto trans, and transfer case.

Not sure if I can use the existing transfer case and have it rebuilt to handle the HP. same with the front and rear axles, I am looking to rebuild these and beef them up.

Any thoughts or things that you have run into with this kind of swap? I am trying to do this and still have all the check engine lights, etc remain working at the dash.

Thanks for the help.
Walt

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
AEV has a kit and has a forum lots of people have gone that route. expect to spend a good chunk of money to do it right.

·
Super Moderator
2,728 Posts
Transfer case should be ok, but you’ll definitely need a different transmission

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,148 Posts
Impressive. I have the mistake of assuming everyone still drives a manual transmission
Yeah.... the NAG1 came from Mercedes AMG 55. I had this transmission in my 2010 Grand Cherokee SRT8. In stock form, it will handle up to 600HP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts