Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum wondering if with a six inch suspension the drive shaft needed to be changed or any other major parts ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
an sye for sure! and maybe a driveshaft. I havnt gotten one but ive always heard ppl on this forum talk about tom woods drive shafts....they're custom.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
A lot needs to be done for a 6" lift. What are you looking to do that you would need 6"?

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
IN general any lift over 3" will need to address the rear driveshaft with a 6" a SYE kit is very good idea if you have the NP231 t-case if you have a rubicon then just a new rear shaft. Also you are you looking at a long arm or short arm kit?

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
I would get an SYE and CV shaft if anything over 3" of lift... anything over 4" of lift should be done with long arms IMO.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
New to the forum wondering if with a six inch suspension the drive shaft needed to be changed or any other major parts ?
Yes, the driveshaft will need to be changed. You'll need a SYE, CV driveshaft, long arms, extended brake lines, extended sway bar links, bigger brake kit for the larger tires, bumpstop extensions, steering upgrades and some other stuff...in addition to the lift springs and longer shocks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
neverfastenough1 said:
So he can see where he parks it at Walmart.
Or to show off some flex, if I had a 6in I know I would

Sent from my iPhone using WF Access

·
Registered
908 Posts
Or just get a 6 inch body lift and you wont need to get a drive shaft and all that other stuff. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
I have the same question....what do you need a 6 inch lift for? If you are putting 37" tires on it you will also need new axles, new brakes, new power, new driveshaft, new, new....you get the picture. A 4.5 inch will do everything the Jeep is capable of doing including 35" tires. After that you need major mods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts