Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,I'm thinking of installing 2 6x9 speakers but I dont want to install amp or anything else.My question is it worth installing them ,will they sound good? I saw a 6x9 enclosure on eBay which is custom for jeep yj but I dont know where it goes installed.Any ideas and pics highly appreciated 馃槂

Registered
Just go to your local pawn shop and get 2 6x9 speaker boxes. Get some speaker wire and wire them into your head unit ( purple ad green wires on back of head unit if I recall correctly) run your wires and put the boxes where you want them. Install some magnets to the bottom of boxes to keep them from sliding around. I spent $5 on my boxes( yard sale) and they had speakers already. Good luck.

Attachments

Registered
I no longer have a back seat and wanted my speakers to sound as good as possible so I built this platform to enclose the rear of the jeep. It is made of 1/2" plywood that is carpeted with indoor/outdoor carpet and has the added benefit of having a lockable area underneath to store valuables.

Registered
I have a sub woofer in the back, no back seat either, and getting tired of having to either bust my knuckles to get the front 4x6 speakers installed or tearing the jeep apart to get them in the right way. Also didn't want to spend $200+ for a sound bar. So I found a thread somewhere on here about building your own, so I did. There's room in them for 6x9s, but I just used the round 51/4 for now $42 at Best Buy, plus about $15 in materials and couple hours labor. Here's a pic

image-4018858095.jpg

Registered
I had a family member in the military give me some ammo boxes that I am going to mount speakers in and bolt them down. The ammo boxes are all waterproof and should be easy to do once I complete all the cutting required for the speakers. I have 2 9mm ammo boxes which should fit 6x9's perfectly. I am going to keep the paint the same on the boxes to keep that military look and feel.

Registered
I have the Vertically Driven Sound Wedge...they fit perfectly in the slot between the rear wheel well and the roll bar. Sound great to...not as bassy as i would like but i think thats just the 6x9 speaker in general. I love them because the take up no valuable space, and look much better than a sound bar or just boxes thrown in the back. They are just the enclosures..you have to buy whatever 6x9 speaker you prefer.
Amazon.com: Vertically Driven 53101 Dodges Wo Cj/Yj-Blk 76-95 - Pair: Automotive

Registered
I have 1 behind my driver and 1 behind my passenger seat. The box sits between roll bar and wheel well and has bower bass 6x9s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts