Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. . . the check engine light comes on. Taking it into the dealership this afternoon *fingers crossed*.:nonono:

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Keep the faith!

·
Registered
354 Posts
. . . the check engine light comes on. Taking it into the dealership this afternoon *fingers crossed*.:nonono:
Any obvious signs before the light came on?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Did you cycle the key three times to see the code?

My 2012 has about the same mileage. I sort of wish it would throw the misfire code so I could get a new head.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Not even knowing the code, I predict you need a new cylinder head. Just a wild guess. ;)

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Bummer.....

Poor quality gas and undetermined driving characteristics is probably the cause....

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I'd check the code before I take it anywhere...could just be your gas cap. Good luck, hopefully it's nothing serious!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's taken me 24 hours to admit this. It was the gas cap. But because of the gas cap, the engine failed an evaporation test, so to get the light off, the dealer needed to re-set it. While it was in there, they ran a full test and everything came back clean.

At least it gave me a chance to check out the new Billet and Commando Green colors in person.:facepalm:

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
It's taken me 24 hours to admit this. It was the gas cap. But because of the gas cap, the engine failed an evaporation test, so to get the light off, the dealer needed to re-set it. While it was in there, they ran a full test and everything came back clean.

At least it gave me a chance to check out the new Billet and Commando Green colors in person.:facepalm:
:doh:

Well....what did you think of CG and Billet? Much better in person eh?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:doh:

Well....what did you think of CG and Billet? Much better in person eh?
I'm not that impressed with the Billet. It's just a metallic gray to me. But I'm not much of a "silver" lover. As for the CG, it's pretty cool. As I walked around the Jeep it changed dramatically. I'm not sure I could live with the color for the long run, but it was cool to look at.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts