Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting thing happened last night. Satellite radio jamming on Classic Vinyl, we drove over a fairly rough railroad crossing at about 35mph, the 730N just goes black, and shuts off. :eek: Then, it reboots and starts back up, just like turning the key on. Anyone else? I'm thinking HDD doesn't like bumps, or loose fuse or wire harness? Checking fuses tonight after work.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
My first thought would be loose connection

·
Registered
569 Posts
same here...haven't had that one yet. have had my cruise control shut off at the same bump a couple of times.

cass

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved?

Ok, here's an update. As it turns out, the fuse that I've read about on this forum (IOD? and thanks to the forum!!) was probably the cause of this issue. A few days after the 730N burped while going over the railroad tracks, the wife and I took off for a week's vacation in Maine. We parked the Wrangler at our hotel, and didn't drive it for a couple of days, as we could walk everywhere we needed to go (lobster, beer, clams, beer, etc). One morning, we walked out to get something out of the Jeep. I hit the unlock button on the key, no response. Hmm. I unlock the door with the key, and the alarm goes off. I put the key in the ignition, start the engine, the alarm stops. The 730N is dead though. The instrument panel tells me "no fuse", which, I remember from the great Wranglerforum :), prompts me to open the fuse panel, and lo and behold, the pre-staged J-case fuse is not pushed all the way home. So, I did the dealer's job, and pushed it ALL the way home. Not sure why it made it to 2,000 miles without other problems, but no issues since. We got home over the weekend, I checked the fuse again, it hasn't moved from where I put it, so I'm pretty sure it was never all the way in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts