Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead:Can anyone tell me if you can do a windshiled swap. Lookind on a 76 or newer swap so the top wont be so expensive. Also lookin to get the wiper motor inside.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I believe all you need to do is switch out the hinges to 76 or newer and it should bolt up. Check out earlycj5.com they have some threads over there on this swap.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys Im going to buy all the stuff to swap out my windshield frame to a 76 and newer. I will be looking for a frame so if anyone aroung the Arkansas or Missouri area has on that is used and not in the best of shape that I can use or buy to mock this thing up let me know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tarby. After doing some more investigation there is going to be acouple of other things im gonna run into Im sure.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah, the intermediates (1972-1975) are a little more different than most people think. They are kinda the red-headed step child from Willys/Kaiser design to AMC...but I love mine. Believe it or not, JP rated the 72-75 CJ5 as one of the best jeeps built in stock format.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really love mine this morning it only took me 15 min. to change my fuel pump. I was going to wait until the weekend but my car decided to shell the tranny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts