Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Mortimer out for a ride in Champaign today in the snow! Saw a few other jeepers out and about and at one point I was 3/3 on waves! I figured it'd be a 100% day until a kid in a JK with his hood up didn't see me. Sigh. The search for the perfect percentage day continues....

:wavey:

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
ha! me too! i took an hour and a half drive to see my girlfriend (college) counted a total of 9 jeeps, there and back, 8 waved! when i first got the jeep my girlfriend thought the wave thing was dumb. well, the first one she saw, she waved before i did, but i quickly joined her, and the Tj we were waving at, also had a couple in it, and they both waved too!

it was one of the coolest waves ever.

the one jeep that didn't wave.... was a freaking soccer mom in a JKU. =/

·
Registered
505 Posts
honestly i only really wave at other modified or clearly offroaded jeeps, mall crawlers and all that i dont wave at unless they wave first.. to me is a wave of respect and knowlage that we have a common hobby and have seen things that not may are able to see.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Always count on a JK to ruin it...

I will give the JK's this in my area though.. when your on the main line (where all the rich yuppy's live that cant tell there heads from there a55es) just about every JK waves back.. i have yet to have a TJ wave back and i frequently pass a very nicely done red one.. of course all the JK's are the ones who get all whiny when a lil dirt gets on there there rockers but still nice to see them wave back.. lol after they wave back they look at my jeep like why do you have mud all over it.. Ever time i go though rt 30 in that area everyone looks at me like i shot there 1st child for bringing my ugly rig though it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Took Mortimer out for a ride in Champaign today in the snow! Saw a few other jeepers out and about and at one point I was 3/3 on waves! I figured it'd be a 100% day until a kid in a JK with his hood up didn't see me. Sigh. The search for the perfect percentage day continues....

:wavey:
You coulda stopped and offered aid to the kid with the JK. A handshake is as good as a wave in my book. IMHO stopping for a raised hood is a higher level of roadway courtesy than a Jeep to Jeep wave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.