Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GOT DOORS?
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to why the 2 options? Is it a preference of taste? I see leveling kits that increase height for both front and rear that have a 1 inch difference.

I installed the Synergy .75 up front and definitely noticed a difference (as well as my wife). No change to the rear.

I have the stock bumpers (VDP stubby mod for front), and no other added weight.

Is the 1 inch difference purely aesthetics, or is that what some would call the true leveling out of a JK?

·
Super Moderator
22,058 Posts
aesthetics. a spacer will lift it exactly as much as the spacer is so if you want it up 1" go 1" if you want it up 3/4" go 3/4" inch. also you can use a taller spacer on the right side to help with the jk lean.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I have the 1" and sometime I still think it's not leveled. I would never go .75" if you truly want a level, in fact I bet on a lot of Jeeps a true level is 1.5" in front.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
It's a tough call because it depends on what the person is "looking at" I assume folks aren't using an actual level.
They looking at the wheel well gaps, the roof, the fenders...... For the most part it seems as though it's about 1" but equipment and spring rate as well as age will effect that.
Best bet: Use a jack and move the body up until it "looks" the way you want and compare measurements.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I put on the barricade front bumper and 10k winch. I have a 2014 JKUR. I bought the teraflex leveling kit with the 2 inches for the front and 1 for the back. Since I have all of that weight on the front, I just put the 2 inch puck in the front and it was perfectly leveled. I like the look. It makes it look a lot better. I am just waiting for a lift now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts