Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got to install my winch yesterday, everything went smoothly, but, by the time I finished, I noticed the big gap right behind the winch where the filler up plastic use to go.
Obviously I can't install the same plastic so my question is, does anyone make that plastic for this setup ? Or do I have to modify the original one ?
I don't like the look of the canister showing and part of the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think most people just get used to the look. You could always custom fabricate something out of the old plastic if it bothers you.

I have the same gap

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
So I finally got to install my winch yesterday, everything went smoothly, but, by the time I finished, I noticed the big gap right behind the winch where the filler up plastic use to go.
Obviously I can't install the same plastic so my question is, does anyone make that plastic for this setup ? Or do I have to modify the original one ?
I don't like the look of the canister showing and part of the frame.
I trimmed the plastic one. Here's my post about it http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/rocky-jkurhr-build-1564577-2.html#post24055537

As I mention in the post, had I done that prior to fully installing the winch, I could have left it as one piece that wraps around the winch. Instead, I thought of it after and just had to cut the middle out completely, I was not able to get it in as one piece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts