·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
75th anniversary or Backcountry? what would you buy and why?:drinks:

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Do you like Sarge Green or Xtreme Purple more?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you like Sarge Green or Xtreme Purple more?
well they are both available in any colour... both Sarge green and purple are not my first choice.

I LOVE the bumpers on the Backcountry... but love the hood on the 75th :tomatoes:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Totally agree. Hood on 75th looks awesome. I would go with 75th over Backcountry if I had to choose between the two. I believe the Backcountry comes standard with a hardtop if that is a deciding factor for you. May want to check jeep.com to make sure.

I like the bumper on Backcountry (75th also though) but not a fan of the weird...art on it.

Also...isn't 75th the only trim available in Sarge Green? And I think purple is only available on backcountry.
Either one looks good enough to keep it completely stock and look cool though. If I got the 75th, I would think (could be wrong....) it could possibly be worth more money after a few years? But then I guess rubicon 10thAnniversary would be a good template for that.
well they are both available in any colour... both Sarge green and purple are not my first choice.

I LOVE the bumpers on the Backcountry... but love the hood on the 75th :tomatoes:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice Jeep Adamo. :thumb: I like that color too. Was considering getting my Rubi in Mojave Sand. My friends say it looks too blah...but I like it. Do you think it has nice extra touches being 75thA edition? Or is it just extra money basically for badging and the cool hood and bumper?

Just noticed the headlights too. Those come with it or aftermarket. They look pretty sweet. LEDs?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just went through the same decision. I went with the 75th (ordered it yesterday). I went with the Sarge Green. The hood and bumper won us over and I wasn't that fond of the art on the back country but YMMV. Both are really nice so no wrong decision really.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Nice Jeep Adamo. :thumb: I like that color too. Was considering getting my Rubi in Mojave Sand. My friends say it looks too blah...but I like it. Do you think it has nice extra touches being 75thA edition? Or is it just extra money basically for badging and the cool hood and bumper?

Just noticed the headlights too. Those come with it or aftermarket. They look pretty sweet. LEDs?
Thanks! Sounds like you need some new friends. lol.

One of my coworkers said the colour looks exactly like our filing cabinets at the office. Why not, it's basically the same shape. :lmao: That being said, I get *far* more compliments on the Mojave Sand than I ever did on my '14 Dune.

I had a '14 in Dune, and for me, there are a number of nice extras:

The interior with the cloth inserts and contrast stitching not only look nicer, IMO, but the seat warmers are actually more effective now- which is nice in Canadian winters.

The hood and bumpers are fantastic, and I had wanted to get them for my '14 anyway.

The Alpine premium audio system is SO much better than the '13/'14 system. I had replaced all of my speakers and sub in the '14, and the new system still completely blows it away. So much more power- it's nice and clear, and gets plenty loud. I can hear it with the top, doors, etc off at highway speeds.

In addition, I ordered mine with 3.73s and LSD- where my '14 had 3.21s and open differentials.

I have also come to love the 75th exclusive bronze finish wheels. At first, I was undecided, and was considering keeping my Rubicon wheels, as I really like the style of them. Now, I'd never get rid of them. They tie in really nicely with the other bronze accents (bumpers, tow hooks, badging), that it looks quite sharp together. IMO, Mojave Sand is the most aesthetically appealing combo with the 75th accents.

In my case, it was a no-brainer. To buy a loaded Sahara then added the bumpers and hood aftermarket would have cost more, and I'd still have the 3.21s and open differentials. If you're looking at a loaded Sahara, and like the bumpers/hood, the 75th package is actually a pretty good deal. I don't do any rock crawling, and don't need the lockers/capability of the Rubicon/HR, so for me, the 75th is the perfect package.

The headlights are a 50W Morimoto Sealed7 HID retrofit, with Philips CBI bulbs. They are a bit more expensive than the JWS/Trucklite LED options, but offer FAR superior lighting, and have a razor sharp cutoff. I had posted a pic on here earlier showing the cutoff on my last Jeep. The foglights are the Morimoto XB LEDs, and with the Rubitrux adapter, drop right into place.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ja the 75th does sound pretty appealing. Maybe I should get that instead of a rubi!
filing cabinets...same shape. lol..that's good...you could strap one of the filing cabinets on the roof and they would think you have a double-decker!

The seat warmers probably wouldn't do too much good for me here in FL. (Although I do have them on my Subaru only because that's what comes with the H-6 engine trim)

Like I said earlier in a different post...the 75thA looks really good without having to mod anything...you could drive it around stock and potentially not feel the need to mod it in any way at all. (maybe?) That would save you money too! Good choice on adding 3.73 too. I think if I were to get the 75th I would add only that option.
Thanks! Sounds like you need some new friends. lol.

One of my coworkers said the colour looks exactly like our filing cabinets at the office. Why not, it's basically the same shape. :lmao: That being said, I get *far* more compliments on the Mojave Sand than I ever did on my '14 Dune.

I had a '14 in Dune, and for me, there are a number of nice extras:

The interior with the cloth inserts and contrast stitching not only look nicer, IMO, but the seat warmers are actually more effective now- which is nice in Canadian winters.

The hood and bumpers are fantastic, and I had wanted to get them for my '14 anyway.

The Alpine premium audio system is SO much better than the '13/'14 system. I had replaced all of my speakers and sub in the '14, and the new system still completely blows it away. So much more power- it's nice and clear, and gets plenty loud. I can hear it with the top, doors, etc off at highway speeds.

In addition, I ordered mine with 3.73s and LSD- where my '14 had 3.21s and open differentials.

I have also come to love the 75th exclusive bronze finish wheels. At first, I was undecided, and was considering keeping my Rubicon wheels, as I really like the style of them. Now, I'd never get rid of them. They tie in really nicely with the other bronze accents (bumpers, tow hooks, badging), that it looks quite sharp together. IMO, Mojave Sand is the most aesthetically appealing combo with the 75th accents.

In my case, it was a no-brainer. To buy a loaded Sahara then added the bumpers and hood aftermarket would have cost more, and I'd still have the 3.21s and open differentials. If you're looking at a loaded Sahara, and like the bumpers/hood, the 75th package is actually a pretty good deal. I don't do any rock crawling, and don't need the lockers/capability of the Rubicon/HR, so for me, the 75th is the perfect package.

The headlights are a 50W Morimoto Sealed7 HID retrofit, with Philips CBI bulbs. They are a bit more expensive than the JWS/Trucklite LED options, but offer FAR superior lighting, and have a razor sharp cutoff. I had posted a pic on here earlier showing the cutoff on my last Jeep. The foglights are the Morimoto XB LEDs, and with the Rubitrux adapter, drop right into place.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Like I said earlier in a different post...the 75thA looks really good without having to mod anything...you could drive it around stock and potentially not feel the need to mod it in any way at all.
There were a few things that I moved over from my '14- things that I like, but not everyone will want to make the same changes:

33" Duratracs and 1.5" G2 wheel spacers (the stock 245/75/17 GY Silent Armor tires look really small).
The headlights and foglights, my MOLLE tailgate webbing, and my Grabars.

I had the front windows tinted yesterday to match the rears, but I really don't feel the need to add anything else at this point.

Other than maybe adding a bikini top this summer (I find the premium soft top a pain to use at times, and it takes up too much space in the trunk area when open), and some Ace or Barricade sliders to protect from door dings, I'm pretty much done.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Sarge 75th, for sure!

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
I asked that question because its just if you wanted/liked Sarge, then the 75A would be your only choice. Likewise, if you liked XP, then the BC would be your only choice.

While both are available in a few other colors, I don't think they are available in any color. For example, you can't get the 75A in Firecracker Red, nor you can you get the BC in Mojave Sand.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I am ordering the 75th in June. Went with it in sarge as it is a limited edition color (as opposed to the other colors). Will go with hard top, nav, 3.73 and trailer. If you are thinking about two tone interior, be aware, only seats and console cover are saddle leather.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm surprised nobody has really mentioned the Diesel Gray Interior Accents - that alone makes me want the Backcountry over anything else - even the Rubicon.

Anyone know where you can get those trim pieces and put in a Rubicon or 75th?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I love my Backcountry. I wanted the AEV bumpers and front bumper skid plate (most everyone overlooks that nice 1/8" steel front AEV skid on the BC). The front bumper fit my warn zeon 10-s winch perfectly. I also wanted the BFG KO2s for the sometimes horrible snow storms here in Philly. The KO2s are severe snow rated tires. I planned to remove the graphic but once I saw it in person on the granite crystaline color I ordered really liked it and have grown to love it actually. One day I can peel it off if I change my mind. I also wanted the rear locking diff which is available in the BC. Not sure if so on the 75th. But I'm not so sure you can order the BC from the factory anymore I thought that ended mid February. Might want to check that before too much more consideration. Like others have said though both are awesome so either way is a win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I am ordering the 75th in June. .....
June would put you at a '17MY for ordering, so the 75th most likely not be available any longer for ordering. I would put my order in now if you can...

EDIT: Apparently june will still be OK to order a '16, but FCA is known for dropping colors with no notice...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I love my Backcountry. I wanted the AEV bumpers and front bumper skid plate (most everyone overlooks that nice 1/8" steel front AEV skid on the BC). The front bumper fit my warn zeon 10-s winch perfectly. I also wanted the BFG KO2s for the sometimes horrible snow storms here in Philly. The KO2s are severe snow rated tires. I planned to remove the graphic but once I saw it in person on the granite crystaline color I ordered really liked it and have grown to love it actually. One day I can peel it off if I change my mind. I also wanted the rear locking diff which is available in the BC. Not sure if so on the 75th. But I'm not so sure you can order the BC from the factory anymore I thought that ended mid February. Might want to check that before too much more consideration. Like others have said though both are awesome so either way is a win! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a Backcounty and I love it too!I a also removing the graphics.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts