Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Rubicon Unlimited Hard Rock with automatic and 3,800 miles. Took it in a week ago when the “check engine” light popped on. They found a P0441 code and said it pertained to RRT 17-015 (IM Purge Port Excess Flash Matl). They performed a repair and every thing was fine, no lights or performance issues.

Today I was working on an older Dakota 5,2L and had the OBD tool out. I hooked it up to the Rubicon and found two stored codes in my system ($7E8 and $7E9). I’m guessing that these codes are probably related to the earlier “check engine” situation and repair a week ago, but haven’t been able to confirm this. I just wondered if we have any techs here who can confirm my suspicions. I didn’t try to clear the codes in case they were “pending” and unrelated to the previous repair.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$ Codes

Did you read my response in your previous (identical) thread?
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/stored-codes-7e8-and-7e9-2058913.html
Yes I did. I did some more research and found this info:

I've got a call in to my dealer, but I was able to find this while searching the net:

Mode $07 is a request for emission-related diagnostic trouble codes detected during current or last completed driving cycle. It enables the external test equipment to obtain "pending" diagnostic trouble codes detected during current or last completed driving cycle for emission-related components/systems. This is used by service technicians after a vehicle repair, and after clearing diagnostic information to see test results after a single driving cycle to determine if the repair has fixed the problem.

Sounds like it might just be "left over request" information from the repair a week ago.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Are you confusing the $7 prefix from the mode and address being the same as meaning that they are the same thing? Mode 3 & 7 are how you get the DTCs (the $ is notation for hex). Address 7E8 and 7E9 are addresses of the PCM and TCM.
But I agree that I don't think there is any problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would this possibly happen if you unplugged the system. I changed my heat door actuator and disconnected. When I started it up, check engine light came on. Checked codes. Cleared them out.

Hoping that was it.

·
Retired Moderator
100,513 Posts
Would this possibly happen if you unplugged the system. I changed my heat door actuator and disconnected. When I started it up, check engine light came on. Checked codes. Cleared them out.

Hoping that was it.
Welcome to the Forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts