Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i've found a deal on a 8 lug dana 44 with detroit locker and 4:10 gears complete with no problems a friend has for 100 dollars! Its jeep length he was going to put it on a yj he had back in the 90's and never got around too it, thing is i know its going to have to have brackets and what not put on it (also has disk breaks on it) but can i change the lug pattern out from 8 lug too 5x4.5? I've never heard of anyone changing lug patterns so if you could please educate me id be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I'm no expert but I would imagine you could swap out the axles. As long as the splines were the same. I could be wrong so don't quote me on this. Good luck man!

·
Knows a couple things...
49,126 Posts
The flanges at the ends of the axle shafts are what determine the bolt pattern. Measure the axle shaft length on both sides and confirm they are 30 spline or whatever, and then give Superior Axle a call. They might have what you need to convert them to 5x4.5" as the TJ uses.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,126 Posts
The flange is the flat part at the end of the axle shaft that the wheel studs are mounted in, it is what the wheel sits against when it is mounted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts