Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ. My son just got a 1980 CJ7 with complete hard doors with the hardtop. Could someone tell me if they will interchange. Will the Hardtop and doors on the CJ7 fit the 95 YJ. Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
The CJ top will fit the YJ. The rub is in the liftgate. The tailgate swing door fits under the liftgate. If the CHMSL and the spare are on the tailgate, they will interfere with the closing of the liftgate. They can both be closed, with some fidgeting, namely carefully closing both at the same time. In my opinion, this negates easy access to the rear storage area as getting the thing open is a pain in the neck (or other parts of the anatomy).

For what it's worth, I've seen plenty of them on YJs. They generally remove the spare tire from the tailgate.

As far as the original question, the top fits just fine. Might want to get longer attach bolts, depending upon gasket installation.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Another problem is the striker plate for the door latches although i have seen a kit to make it work .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not all of the tops have to have the back window and tailgate close at the same time. I've have 2 CJ tops on YJ tubs and one opened separately fine and the other had to close at the same.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ok i have a set of CJ7 doors but have 88 wrangler and completely different latch setup . you say u seen it done is there a kit you buy i sold jeep parts 18 years and i would tell people impossible but i stopped selling parts in 88. so if yhey have a kit i would like to know where i could find one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts