Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - new to the forum and looking to buy a Jeep that is already done with a 350 gm motor.
Any advise on what to look for before buying.

The jeep looks to be a nice build with an auto transmission. Noticed the frame is solid. Fiberglass body and hood. Good interior with new seats, carpet, and soft top.

The usual buyer beware on brakes etc, anything else?

If everything is good what is a fair price?

Thanks - Otto

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I read some great posts in the cj tech forum and else where and found great things to look for. The Jeep ended up being built around 97 and some one did a great job on it, had the axle in the rear upgraded, 3.5" lift and shim info all documented, new (then) chef 350 crate motor with the tune info documented very nice, summit suspension parts and front end bushings etc. the problem I had with the test ride was a very uneasy feel with the steering and the sway of the front end so I took a pass.
Is the install of a steering box a big money deal?

·
Registered
223 Posts
So I read some great posts in the cj tech forum and else where and found great things to look for. The Jeep ended up being built around 97 and some one did a great job on it, had the axle in the rear upgraded, 3.5" lift and shim info all documented, new (then) chef 350 crate motor with the tune info documented very nice, summit suspension parts and front end bushings etc. the problem I had with the test ride was a very uneasy feel with the steering and the sway of the front end so I took a pass.
Is the install of a steering box a big money deal?
Steering box isn't too difficult. I built a fiberglass CJ myself, which the build should be linked to my signature. A lot of work it's needed to do correctly and seal cored holes well, but should last forever. I built to last, then ended up selling so that I could take kids with me in new JKU.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JeepRage I looked at your build thread, wow !

You have much to be proud of, nice going. Nice choice on the JKU for the family I can tell they are the most important thing to you, bravo.

·
Registered
223 Posts
JeepRage I looked at your build thread, wow !

You have much to be proud of, nice going. Nice choice on the JKU for the family I can tell they are the most important thing to you, bravo.
Thanks. First restoration project, and a lot of work, but rewarding. Grounds will be the cause of most all issues electrically. Any hole you drill, make it over sized, epoxy it, then redrill to right size to seal the glass edges from moisture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts