Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody use this MOPAR item? is it good or trash?

Retails $145 but can get a brand new one for $50, just wondering if it's any good.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so nobody has tried it, huh?

I might have to be the guinea pig, LOL!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't have that item but I've got a spiderwebshade for my JKU and really like it. If it's anything like the SWS, for that price, it seems worth it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have that item but I've got a spiderwebshade for my JKU and really like it. If it's anything like the SWS, for that price, it seems worth it. Hope this helps.
Thanks, I did end up buying the MOPAR shade, I will install and report back in a few weeks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Two ?s. How'd you get it so cheap and does it require a header? I have a spider web and really like it but $50 is a bargain. Good luck and let us know how it is.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Two ?s. How'd you get it so cheap and does it require a header? I have a spider web and really like it but $50 is a bargain. Good luck and let us know how it is.
Haha, I got it from a company that purchased it solely for some fitting trials and then had no need for it.
It does not require a header, it has integrated some kind of stiff plate on the front which I assume fits on the top of the windshield groove, but I have not installed it yet.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Installed today and I love it! Really helps cut on the direct sunlight but does not take away from the open experience. Clean OEM look.
I assume the other brands of mesh are similar.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Cool.... I didn't know that one existed. I just bought an "Alien Shade" for mine a few days ago.

For $50, I think you can't go wrong as that's nearly half the price of the Alien or SpiderWeb shades.

I'm interested in how the MOPAR shade handles attaching the shade in the front though? The other products use short bungee cords with plastic balls attached to one end of each one. They want you to feed the front ones though the same metal hooks where the latches go to latch down the factory soft top or hard top -- so you wind up having to take a couple of them out to put a factory top over the top of the shade.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm interested in how the MOPAR shade handles attaching the shade in the front though? The other products use short bungee cords with plastic balls attached to one end of each one. They want you to feed the front ones though the same metal hooks where the latches go to latch down the factory soft top or hard top -- so you wind up having to take a couple of them out to put a factory top over the top of the shade.
The front attaches via some metal brackets with snap features which you need to install over the two footman loops in the front driver/passenger side. The center footman loop uses a piece of Velcro. If you want to install soft or hard top without removing shade, simply disconnected the three attachments, fold back the mesh a couple inches and snap into place the folded edge. Pretty clever, I'll post pictures later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts