Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started this thread to post upgrades and repairs. mounted an EAG bumper and 9000lb winch this week, changed diff fluids. Sanded rust spots on hood and painted them. removed round spot lights for new led's on order. ordered off road tires and rims will save street tires and rims for car show.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
replaced windshield frame yesterday. was not overly hard but does take some time. Had to drill and install inserts for roll bar. the frame is omnix ada manufacture, purchased the kit with seals. I ended up ordering new windshield as the old one was caulked in with silicone and made it very difficult to remove I did crack it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have also mounted an EAG front bumper 9500lb winch and tires and rims, 31x12.50x15 MT.

Let me know how you fair putting the windshield in. I need to take my windshield apart to paint the frame. I am kind of worried about the glass and gaskets as I want to re-use them and not ruin them

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know how you fair putting the windshield in. I need to take my windshield apart to paint the frame. I am kind of worried about the glass and gaskets as I want to re-use them and not ruin them

Not sure you will be able to save the gasket, mine was glued in with silicone which made it very difficult to get the windshield out, it actually cracked and I cut the gasket all the way around. You have to use 3/8 rope to install new windshield. ill have new windshield wed going to have two other people help install it while I pull new seal in with rope.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed new column yesterday, with new steering shaft and ujoints from CPP. Repaired wiring to lights and horn. So I took it for 1st ride yesterday. I used the old bracket from original column welded the nuts to it so bracket could be bolted onto it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New windshield is in, had to hire professional installer as new window frame was short and windshield had to be cut down.
Said most of the new Chinese made frames are all on small side this one 1/4 inch all the way around. this frame was the omnix ada and the windshield was make auto parts old windshield was almost exact size of new one laying them on top of each other.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another upgrade, the jeep has a gm good wrench crate motor 250HP, I installed set of 1.6 roller rockers to increase duration bit and lift. I am also putting together a 750 holley double pumper back up carb from race boat for the jeep, installed electric choke and all the parts that were removed so I would have working choke.
These were inexpensive set of roller rockers from assault racing since the stock spring at 75lbs is still on heads. self aligning rocker arms, checked all clearances and they are a bolt on rocker for stock configuration.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered smittybilt rear bumper with spare tire gate. spare tire came today just waiting on rim, no where to put other than on tire rack on back.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New bumper with tire carrier came in today, spare tire and rim also. Mounted bumper now i have to figure out how i am going to mount license plate.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spare tire and rim came in, mounted and balanced.
Spare tire carrier was not correct bolt pattern had to cut top two studs off re-drill and weld studs back on in correct place.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
coming up on winter again so I should have some down time be able to do some more work on the CJ doing engine upgrades and led headlights, also have to do tail shaft seal on transfer case so I may just pull it and reseal whole thing. Adding Vortec heads and camshaft 1000 rpm to 5000 rpm powerband. chose summit brand vortec head due to the valve spring being taller than stock will allow for the cam lift also already have screw in studs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Parts list:
cam comp cams CL12-206-2.
comp cams 3100 series timing chain.
asualt racing a6191 finned polished valve cover.
comp cams lock plate 4605.
DNA MOTORING HDS-SBC-CLI Racing Exhaust Header SS.
vortec air gap intake manifold.
zmoon 7in led headlights.
felpro intake and head gaskets vortec 5.7.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Transmission was leaking fluid into transfer case over filling it and leaking out of drive shaft seal, purchased seal and bearing kit and overhauled the transfer case. new process 205 case bolted up to the gm 350 turbo. the seal on the adapter shaft failed allowing the fluid into transfer case.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts