Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an '87 Wrangler and thought that I had done my due diligence. Silly me. One week later, I have to replace the engine, 4.2 - 258, and I have it done without checking around. I've been told by plenty of people that I got screwed and that there are several things that they could've/should've done. I had a second garage go over the install and I'm having other things fixed, but I see several places where wiring appears to have been overlooked or not finished. Can someone comment on these pictures as to whether or not the wiring is right or wrong? Thanks

The first two pictures show a male and female set. The female wires come out of the air filter housing. Should these be connected. Yes or no, but what do they control?

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
I feel your pain on this issue. When I bought my 88 YJ the wiring was really bad. So bad that I decided to replace it with a Painless Wiring harness. I figured it would be cheaper and faster then trying to get an electric shop to figure it out. Of course I had to do something when I swapped out the motor. I haven't gotten that far with by build yet so I can't tell you much more then that. But i hope to get back at it by this coming summer. I'll post up all the progress then. Sorry I couldn't be any more help then this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts