Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • hi my name is patrick, i bought an 87 wrangler 6 months ago, i want to give it as a gift to my son who is on his 3rd tour of afghanistan with the 10th mountain division. i am not very mechical minded so i need some advice,hence the jeep forum. the jeep was a straight 4 engine which has been changed to a chevy short block v8 (looks awesome) i want to renew the dash and need advice about what dash and clocks to get and maybe advice on how to hook up the new clocks and anything relevent, as you can tell, i am not an auto expert, so any advice would be much appreciated.....thanks

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
If you have a 1987 you have a YJ Wrangler it has square headlights. Lots of help is available in the YJ section. Welcome

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello, and welcome....

This is just my thought.... if there's nothing wrong with the clock and guages, he may just like the style of the old ones. If you need to repace the block of clusters and guages, I don't think it's too hard, but I can't offer detailed steps.
You can try morris4x4 online or other sites - there are plenty of recommendations on the Jeep YJ forum for sources for parts... if you want a new instrument cluster. You can also look and get a sense on ebay for new or old parts just to see the different styles, or to consider buying, as well.
Good luck. I'm sure your son will love the surprise.
-- Sam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts