Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have a 88 yj and have a rough country 4" lift, and i want MORE!!!! " like anj jp owner", so recently i have been lookin into a spring (LEAF) over axle conversion. and i was at all curious about would these 2 items conflict with eachother in some mysterious way? oooo yeah plus a 2 inch body lift and 37" tires, sye, cv driveshaft. SO yeah please any comments you might have please let me know!! Thanks Randy

·
Registered
57 Posts
you are gonna have to do alot more than a driveshaft to turn that beast

you need gears and axles and x-case and locker, etc........

·
Registered
592 Posts
i currently have a 88 yj and have a rough country 4" lift, and i want MORE!!!! " like anj jp owner", so recently i have been lookin into a spring (LEAF) over axle conversion. and i was at all curious about would these 2 items conflict with eachother in some mysterious way? oooo yeah plus a 2 inch body lift and 37" tires, sye, cv driveshaft. SO yeah please any comments you might have please let me know!! Thanks Randy
4" springs SOA and a 2" body lift is way over kill and will make the Jeep very top heavy. I am running 2.5" springs (worn to flat) SOA on the front with a 1" body lift and run 39.5"
IROCs. I do have full width axles which helps.
Running 37's you better plan to get rid of the rear D35 at the very least and build the heck out of the front D30 or better yet upgrade it.
Keeping the vehicle as low as possible while still having lots of flex can be helped by trimming the fenders to make more room.
HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts