Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always wanted a diesel Jeep. So i started reading abt it and started buying parts. I picked up a 88 YJ with 4.2 and th999 with a stretched rear with the BTF-Blue Torch Fab. Sold the 4.2 to make sure i didnt change my mind. Than bought a complete Mercedes 300D with 140,000 on it, runs great but trans is leaking and slipping. Ordered the Mercedes4x4 adapter kit and motor mounts. I have a dana 44 5.13 gears, high steer, spool and 9" which i plan to order a 3member with gears and locker.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This past week and weekend i moved the Jeep in the garage and started tearing it abt the Adapter kit should be here Wednesday so i wanted to make sure i was a ready as possible. pulled the front kit off, cut off the stock motor mounts, cleaned and painted the firewall.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spent a couple hours fighting the engine and finally got it out. Now time to clean it up and replace some gaskets, and test fit the adapter kit and the starter.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great sounding build. Following!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Been really busy but finally making some progress on the Jeep. Picked up a foam filled fuel cell from a buddy that is brand new, also SYE transfer case and rear drive shaft that will need to be shortened a little. Bolted the drive train together. Test fit of the motor to make sure it would clear frame rails and front axle.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Barnes Off Road truss kits and u bolt delete kit and 9" ford pinion guard. MB 4x4 adapter kit and motor mounts. Torched off the old mounts on the dana 44 front and 9" rear. Welded the new mounts on the 9". Ordered the new 3rd member.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Put the drive train in and welded in the new mount to the frame rails. Hooked up the transfer case shifter and jeep starter tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im doing a similar swap but im still getting parts together. Please keep us updated with pics and info as your build goes on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts