Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been adressed and I am sorry for asking again, but I can't seem to find the information... Where does one find the bleeder 'valve' on an '89? My clutch is really squishy. It doesn't slip at all, but I have to put it through the floor to get it to disengage...I filled the fluid about a month ago and it is still full so I don't think there is a leak (or at least a bad one). But on longer trips, I have difficulty changing gears. I have to pump the clutch a number of times it seems to build pressure. Wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for the hills I am climbing. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
38 Posts
if you never blead the clutch than you still have air in the system, on the slave clyinder theres a bleeder valve but you need to have someone hold the clutch as your doing it to remove all the air and make sure you have a coffee can or something to catch all that fluid, at first air will come out but it will bleed to fluid eventually.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went to drive to dinner last night and clutch went out completely! I shut her off and put it in third and hobbled it home. Luckily, I found where the bleeder screw is supposed to be! Not so luckily, it backed itself completely out I guess, as it is no longer there...Does anybody know off hand, what size that screw is, or if it is a universal thing? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Haven't looked but I imagine you could take the brake bleeder screw off temporarily and check and see if it's the same size? You may have to bleed the brakes then? It's probably a spec size you could find from the dealer parts dept. Just a thought. Or get an imprint of the diameter and go get a few screws with different thread pitches til you find the right one-can't be that hard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts