Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 317 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Welcome to the forum, nice rig looks great. Wish my 89 was in that shape when I got it. You will enjoy the reading and advice here on the forum, very educational there are some real expert wrenchers and fabricators. Enjoy your ride and have some fun.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Nice islander. I can't help but notice you also tossed your stripes. Were you just looking for a Jeep and not an Islander in particular? Either way it looks awesome. Love the color and the wheels/tires. I have an 89 as well.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice islander. I can't help but notice you also tossed your stripes. Were you just looking for a Jeep and not an Islander in particular? Either way it looks awesome. Love the color and the wheels/tires. I have an 89 as well.

Well I liked the color but the strips and the sun just seemed to be too much, I was not looking for a jeep but seen it on a ad and the price was right so it came home with me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Still on order and need to install GM HEI distributor with wires, and a new motor craft 2150 carb. Once card and distributor installed I can remove ECM, ignition module, old coil, and miles of vacuum lines.
This is something I'm looking at doing soon. Let us know how it turns out. I also have an '89 Islander. 5 speed with the 4.2. I've only had her 3 weeks and can't believe I waited 40 years to buy a Jeep.

Mine:

1 - 20 of 317 Posts