Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 89 Sahara A few months ago and finally have most of the bugs worked out of it. Some people should not be allowed to work on there own vehicles. Anyway A Guy I work with offered to sell me A 95 zj for scrap price that runs and drives. What I want to do is build a stroker and retain the throttle body injection. In all the stroker builds that I've read they either stayed with a Carb or used multi port. 1st question, what needs to be done to this system to handle the increased displacement and a larger cam?
Question 2 , how hard is it to integrate the zj harness to my 89 yj
Question 3, are there any other parts that could be used on the yj?

·
Registered
514 Posts
From what I read with tbi the just change the injectors and put a adjustable fuel pressure regulator.. some zjs have the regulator on the pump.. I think the 95 injectors are square connectors so you would need a magnum v8 injectors.. not sure on zj harness but the xj harness is not too hard to do would think zj would be about the same.. the tranny may give you trouble.. because of the cam sensor

1 - 2 of 2 Posts