Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On with the replace everything on the jeep to make the new wiring harnesses work!
The 89 Brake light switch is different from the 95. I've ordered a switch for a 95, but I'm not sure if the 89 pedal assembly will be compatible. Does anyone have a pic of their brake light switch mounting in a 91 or 92-95 YJ? I don't want to replace the assembly so I may end up fabricating a mount and striker.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My 90 does not have have the typical plunger type.
It is the weird kind that is a bear to install if you are a thick 220lb dude.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,952 Posts
On with the replace everything on the jeep to make the new wiring harnesses work!
The 89 Brake light switch is different from the 95. I've ordered a switch for a 95, but I'm not sure if the 89 pedal assembly will be compatible. Does anyone have a pic of their brake light switch mounting in a 91 or 92-95 YJ? I don't want to replace the assembly so I may end up fabricating a mount and striker.

Thanks for any help.
Gotlift, go into my dropbox and compare the switches in the different parts catalogs, You can compare diagrams on the left, and part numbers off to the right

Reactions: Cornchip
1 - 4 of 4 Posts