Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put some subwoofers in the "trunk" of my Wrangler, which has taken up every inch of room back there. I now need a place for storage. I currently only need room for my jumper cables and a tarp. I was thinking about either stuffing them underneath my back seat or inside my spare tire. Seeing if anyone has any other ideas for storage. Thanks.

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Remove the subs. They don't belong in a jeep in the first place. I have plenty of room for my toolbox ball joint press pry bars hammers spare fluids , and spare parts along with recovery gear in the back of my YJ

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ammo can! Or see if you can find a box thin enough to fit under the back seat. I'm in the exact same boat as you, I have subs in the back, I'm gonna build a thin box that fits under my back seat that I can lock up so nobody steals anything.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
If yours has one, Unzip the zipper in the bottom edge of the rear seat back. You may be able to stuff the cables and tarp up in there behind the foam.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The fender storage boxes are a good investment in my opnion. I have them in my 87 heep with same things that you're looking to put in yours. car jumper cables, tarp tow straps ,extra shackles, miscellaneous items everything fits great.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Old fuddy duddy here...... lose the frikin sub-woofers. No one wants to listen to someone else's crap, especially coming from an open top Jeep. If you usnt get it done with a sound bar and front speakers it don't need doing in a Jeep.

Problem solved.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ditch the back seat if you want to keep the subs and ditch the subs if you want to keep the seat. Real-estate in the back is a precious commodity. I don't have a tarp, though I do have a large cargo net under the PS seat, but I'd wager you can fit a tarp under the seat as well.

Personally, i travel fairly light, I have my hand tools locked in my aftermarket center console, my jack locked to said console with u bolts, jumpers attached under my hood where the OE bottle jack used to be. Also, I prefer to keep my back area clear so I just ditched the seat. My sound bar is plenty loud for me, even topless on the freeway.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate the ideas. I'll look for some under seat lock boxes or a bag that I can put inside the spare tire on the back.

Would like to go with the sound bar idea, but my brother had these subs lying around and there's no need to spend > $200 on a sound bar if I've got something lying around that'll do the trick.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I would check Craigslist in your area you could probably find a decent soundbar for about $100. Also you may luck out with a car parts swap meet. Thats where i got the fender boxes for $25.00 .

·
Registered
699 Posts
I built a custom fit box that fits behind the seat. But I wanted the back open to haul stuff, so I then built a box that rests over the rear wheel-well - it is just the right size for tools and stuff. I will try to get pictures tomorrow.
Without the back seat, I did have this setup....

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
I appreciate the ideas. I'll look for some under seat lock boxes or a bag that I can put inside the spare tire on the back.

Would like to go with the sound bar idea, but my brother had these subs lying around and there's no need to spend > $200 on a sound bar if I've got something lying around that'll do the trick.
Yep, no need to unless you actually want to reclaim your lost storage. Which you obviously do. Another case of the cheap option not being a good one.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I wanted the back open to haul stuff, so I then built a box that rests over the rear wheel-well - it is just the right size for tools and stuff. I will try to get pictures tomorrow.
No back seat, box on the passenger side....plenty of extra room!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unless you're trying to live out your boyhood dream of becoming a real life Ken doll (which i wouldn't think any real man would aspire to be), I'd ditch the subs and put a tool box in back. Should be more worried about getting stuck than listening to boom boom while off roading anyway.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nice homemade box, Scott! I like the 4way mount too.

Thx for the ideas :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts