Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys !

First post on this forum. I have been a long time reader before I made my account. So my whole story is I got a jeep from my family, the jeep sat for a year, and they had to cut the vacuum lines due to a stray cat eating them up.
When I got the jeep, there was no vacuum lines I have a the Chilton Manual but it is really hard to follow. I connected the lines incorrectly the first time and it backfired back to the air filter. Basically the air filter box popped open and the vacuum lines were the only thing I felt that could be wrong before trying to start. It wants to kick over but just doesnt start up. It is a Throttle Body Injector 2.5l Wrangler. Let me know what are your suggestions or any other tips!

I am really hoping some of you can help or send pictures of your hoses on the throttle body, vacuum rail, coal canister, etc.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Oh boy have I got what you need (assuming your setup is like mine is.) This is correct for my 1989 2.5L AX5.

And the 4x4 system...

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
4,976 Posts
Your vacuum lines, other than vac advance, should have nothing to do with the TB blowing the air cleaner open. That would lead more to timing and related issues. Not being a fuel injection expert I can't help you further, but I would check your timing, distributor, and verify TDC (top dead center) position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts