Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of Aug's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy I got the jeep from moved the wiper arms to where they rest at the bottom of the windshield when off. Now, when they are running they both go from that position to straight up and down for their sweep. It rains a lot where I am and need to adjust them back so they rest at the original 45° when off.

I read somewhere that the cowling where the posts go through the bottom near the windshield can be "popped off", the arms adjusted to the correct angle then " popped back on". I couldn't figure out how to do this without seeming like linkage was going to bend or break.

I'm a rookie mechanic so any step by step instruction would be appreciated (photos would be even better)!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Can you just take them off and move them to a different position... if not you need to drop the windo take out the foam and the three motor bolts.. then loosen the nut but dont remove and pop the arm off lift the window and set them where u want them.. masking tape helps adust and reinstall test and repeat till u like it..

·
Registered
556 Posts
Got them done. Thanks for the help!
Yeah it's not too bad once you see how it's done I didn't mine over the summer up I out them at the wrong angle.....whoops haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.