Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy I got the jeep from moved the wiper arms to where they rest at the bottom of the windshield when off. Now, when they are running they both go from that position to straight up and down for their sweep. It rains a lot where I am and need to adjust them back so they rest at the original 45° when off.

I read somewhere that the cowling where the posts go through the bottom near the windshield can be "popped off", the arms adjusted to the correct angle then " popped back on". I couldn't figure out how to do this without seeming like linkage was going to bend or break.

I'm a rookie mechanic so any step by step instruction would be appreciated (photos would be even better)!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Can you just take them off and move them to a different position... if not you need to drop the windo take out the foam and the three motor bolts.. then loosen the nut but dont remove and pop the arm off lift the window and set them where u want them.. masking tape helps adust and reinstall test and repeat till u like it..

·
Registered
234 Posts
The wiper arms come off where they go onto the posts. There should be some type of spring clip that keeps them secured to the posts. I'll try and find you a pic of what i mean

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha. It was so simple that I will put them back flat once the rain stops for the summer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts