Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Depends on the type of wheeling you do, and how much you use your heep, as a daily driver. 10" wheel, will give you better tire life, but not as good for off road. That is based on a 12.5" wide tire.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on the type of wheeling you do, and how much you use your heep, as a daily driver. 10" wheel, will give you better tire life, but not as good for off road. That is based on a 12.5" wide tire.
No daily driver here.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
I have run 8" and 10" I like 10" better on my 35x12.50's. But either one would work.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I run 10's on my rubi, and 9's on my YJ. It is all about personal choice. Some claim that you will loose less air pressure, when aired down, on 8" rims. I know from personal experience, that a 8-9" rim, will get less rock rash, than the 10" rim.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I run 10's on my rubi, and 9's on my YJ. It is all about personal choice. Some claim that you will loose less air pressure, when aired down, on 8" rims. I know from personal experience, that a 8-9" rim, will get less rock rash, than the 10" rim.
What about the tire sticking out further on an 8 and snagging on the rocks? Where a 10 in not so bubble like?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like the 10's cuz it add's 4 inches to my track width. I sometimes corner hard on the way to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts