Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my yj back in July and never used the high beams until last week. When I flicked the switch the head lights went dark. Any ideas??

·
Registered
46 Posts
Turn on the high beams and with a 12v DC probe tester check to see if the metal lug on the actual headlight is getting power. If it is then you need new bulbs.. If not then might be the switch.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Check the grounds as suggested. Also check the hi beam switch on top of the column. Do you hear or feel a click when engaging the hi beams? There is a rod that runs down from the MF lever to the hi beam switch. If it has fallen out or become loose it will cause no function.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just recently had a similar problem...my left hi worked, and my right lo worked, but not my right hi or my left lo...just so happened that they coincidentally went at the same time! Two new headlight fixtures and I was back to seeing when I drive at night. As everyone else has said, grounds are a pretty common issue, so I went and cleaned all mine up. Not that hard of a task on the YJ's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts