Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Just took the jeep via trailer to a friend's shop for the engine work. I hope the remanufactured engine gets here in time to do the swap on Saturday. We will be changing out the clutch, radiator, alternator, and exhaust manifold at the same time. With some luck it will be back on the road a week from today.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
The new engine is in but we are having some issues with backfiring and what I believe is vacuum leaks. I still need to get some time to go thru the engine and trace the vacuum lines and check all the component electrical connections. Something is not connected properly. The engine is idling at 1500 - 200 RPM and it is running very rich. We shall see what some line investigation brings up. Guess that is what we get for using a friend who is a diesel mechanic to install a gas engine. :)

Here is a pic my son took when he went fishing the other day. Good to have it usable again that is for sure.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Looking good! Just curious and my apologies if you already mentioned it, but are you painting it black or going with a different color or even possibly using a rhino lining type of exterior? I am trying to get some ideas for mine and it is black too with the clear coat coming off.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Got one of the repainted doors on! Also got the new engine to idle at 900 vs the 2300 it was at after the swap. Turns out it was the intake/exhaust manifold leaking and bringing in air. Had to get the proper bolt set for the manifold and now its much better. Also will be installing a set of 2.5 degree shims on the front springs to a just the castor angle and installing a steering gear brace. Should be getting close now to finishing it!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

·
Registered
96 Posts
Your moving fast with this thing

I wish I had the time and money to do this. My jeep will probably sit on blocks for a few months before it anywhere near road ready. and another year or so before its trail ready.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.