Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's-Could someone whom has engine knowledge look at my pic of the bottom of my 4.2L engine for me,and is this a result of a rear main or something else??? Thanks for any help....Andy:thumb:

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks you were helpful before as well!!! Not trying to beat you up but, I thought if I could show you from where the oil is leaking, I could pinpoint the cause?? So, YES you agree its RMS????

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKS....Have a question?

You have it that far apart you might as well replace it now. There is athread on this with some great tips. Here are a couple of links.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/rear-main-seal-replacement-diy-parts-list-needed-125166.html

Jeep 4.0 Rear Main Seal Part 1 - YouTube

Jeep 4.0 Rear Main Seal Part 2 - YouTube
Jokerchief-In my pick my buddy pointed out with the pan removed, If you look up from my arrow in the pic,their is the CAM??? All the oil leaking in at the arrow or seam could be the cam cap on the rear of the block facing tranny side???? Your opinion???Thanks in advance......AA:punk:

·
Registered
458 Posts
In my experience, your rear main is leaking or possibly the back of the valve cover is leaking and flowing its way down

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We did that already......

In my experience, your rear main is leaking or possibly the back of the valve cover is leaking and flowing its way down
The RMS was good,dry but we still did it! Cover (rear) is dry and clean with NO oil coming down the motor,With this said; The oil comes from the seam in the photo where the arrow is. My mech buddy thinks maybe it's coming from the cam cap seal on the block????And leaking straight down????:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts