Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I need some info from some of you guys. I bought a fiberglass cj7 tub and an 84 cj7 with a good frame the guy I bought it off of had a 350 mated to a 904 but he is a mechanic and built the 904 and it held so im wanting to try it. Im a ford guy so would prefer a ford or jeep motor in it but im trying to figure out what will bolt up. I have the adapter plate he used for the 350 if needed and it had extra holes so any ideas? tanks in advance.

·
Administrator
12,487 Posts
if its all working fine i would leave it alone until it gives you a reason to fix or replace. How do you plan to use the jeep? Driver, trail rig etc.. what size tires etc..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he kept the 350 and im really wanting to go with a 258 or a 302 but im trying to avoid buying the adapter all I can find on my searches is the 904 was used with the 2.5 and 2.8 and im not sure a 258 will bolt up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it has a superlift on it and 33's im looking to fix it up for on road and some trails I have other jeeps for the rough stuff.

·
Administrator
12,487 Posts
he kept the 350 and im really wanting to go with a 258 or a 302 but im trying to avoid buying the adapter all I can find on my searches is the 904 was used with the 2.5 and 2.8 and im not sure a 258 will bolt up.

904 became the 32rh.... so maybe look into see what is needed to mount a 4.0L.. try novack conversions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so if advanced adapters list a part number for gm motors and nothing for ford and other amc motors does that mean they bolt up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts