Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I have a 91 YJ 4.0 with 161,000 miles on it that I want to use as a winter driver. I want to replace the original springs and shocks...with the same...no lift

Any suggestions on were to purchase. No problem to find lift kits and parts....stock is not as popular

also ...I know this has probably been answered in 1,000's of threads..but one more please!!!

With stock suspension height what are the largest size tires and wheels that I can use without rubbing etc

thanks

MazzMan

·
Registered
917 Posts
I seen those on ebay but i'm sure u can get them at any 4wd store, and 31" I believe will be the biggest u can go on stock susp...good luck

·
NASCAR JEEP!!!!
470 Posts
if your going to replace......it wouldn't hurt to add an inch or so to it. i don't think you'd have to do any major modifications with just an inch and it may help if you're looking at deep snow......?????? just a thought.........

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your responses....

I think I will get at least 1" lift or more from how it now sits, just going to stock....both the springs and shocks are original I do believe. I have had the Jeep for 12 years and I am the 2nd owner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts