Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my jeep mudding and had killed the engine a couple times while in some deep mud puddles and after I was done mudding while driving home I noticed my jeep was sluggish and slower then usual after getting home I took the plugs out and tried turning the jeep over for 5 minutes to make sure the jeep had no water in the motor after doing that I changed my oil, did cap and rotor, did new plugs, new wires, new MAP sensor, new fuel filter and new gas and it still likes to misfire every once and a while, any ideas on what it could be I've ran out of things to fix and change

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Yeah there is still some work here. You need to check all your sensor wire connectors for water to include the CPS crank position sensor 10 o'clock on the bell housing.

If all you have done and the rest are cleaned and not wet do you have a check engine light (CEL)???

If so pull the codes and work from there.

You have a 91 carb or throttle body??? Or has been moded to MPFI???

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah there is still some work here. You need to check all your sensor wire connectors for water to include the CPS crank position sensor 10 o'clock on the bell housing. If all you have done and the rest are cleaned and not wet do you have a check engine light (CEL)??? If so pull the codes and work from there. You have a 91 carb or throttle body??? Or has been moded to MPFI???
its fuel injected

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
If your fuel injected you can pull codes and you should check and see what you have even if the CEL is not on.

I hate mudding its always something on top of cleaning all that stuff off.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's ecu isn't capable of holding codes. The only way you can. Do something like that is with a snap on tool thing but good luck finding that. My 1990 was doing something like that and all I did was take the injector out took it to school for the teachers to look at and then I put it back in and poof it ran. Basically check the injector first

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the only way I can pull codes is by counting the number of times my check engine light flashes and that's a pain In my butt. Yeah I'm thinking it has something to do with my injectors or fuel pump because when I use 91 grade gas it helps with the misfiring a lot but at higher RPMs the engine sounds really loud and clanky almost like its starving for gas so i'mma try injectors and possibly fuel pump......hopefully that'll fix it if not a cummins 4BT should fix all my issues😂

1 - 8 of 8 Posts