Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every now and then the radio, wiper blades, turn signals and AC/Heat fan all stop working at the same time. What could be cause of this issue? I have read that is could be the ignition switch. Any input would much appreciated, I can only put on so many layers of Carhartt this time of year.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Those accessories are all run off of the ignition. This is what turns them off when you turn the key off. I'd say this is the fuse box but it's intermittent. This could be a loose wire somewhere. Check the fuse box for the hell of it. 99.99% of the time a fuse will completely blow, but I guess it would be possible that the fuse may just be damaged. Find the fuse that shuts off those components when you pull the fuse.

Most radios are run by putting a spade connector in an empty fuse holder in the box. Again, the fuse box likely isn't the issue, but it can't hurt. Ignition switch would be much more difficult to fix, so fix all of the easy things you can for now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts