Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 92 YJ and am considering changing the front to manual locking hubs. Are there any kits available? Your suggestions, pro or con, are appreciated! I always prefer manual hubs as there is no doubt when they are locked in but I am fairly new to the Jeep game and I am open to all comments! Thanks..... Greg

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Waste of money, stock YJ has a CAD system in place. CAD stands for Central Axle Disconnect. It serves the same purpose as a hub, but works by sliding a collar over the two axle shafts that make of the passenger side. All hub conversion kits Ive seen, cause i was thinking about doing this cause I removed the CAD cost upwards of $1700 and you cant run larger then 33in tires. Kinda sucks when your running 37in tires weighing in at 150lbs a corner. If you want stronger front hubs go with Timken hubs they cost around $90 each, Timken makes the best bearings, and they have a 3 year warnaty.

·
Registered
499 Posts
what he said, if you want locking hubs, its time to upgrade axles..for the cost of getting locking hubs for the front, you can get a dana 44 out of a 78-79style bronco/70's f150 and an 8.8 out of a 80-96 ford f150/bronco and have matching lug patterns. you'll need new rims but that would still keep you under 2k

1 - 3 of 3 Posts