Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I am new here to the forum. Recently came up on a '92 4cyl 5 speed and havent looked back since!

It has a brand new water pump, as this was the first thing to fail. Luckily, I hadn't bought it yet! Also a brand new soft top. Friend of mine put about 150 miles on it over the course of a year, then relinquished it to me, after making the appropriate investments. Don't worry, she got my car in return.

Anyway, that said, I'm officially starting the build today by driving up to a used tire shop and throwing some 30's on it. Found a shop that has 30-9.5-15 tires for 140 a set, with free mounting and all that jazz. "We want your business" is their slogan. I'll give them a shot

Here is the lady in all her original glory. (I had already started pulling the tent when I realized I should snap a photo lol)

I'll post more pics later when the work is done.

On a side note, will I need spacers for 9.5" tires? Cheers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, here she is! 31" tires for $140, mounted. Doesn't get any better than that!

Granted, theres probably less than 20% left on the tires. Since I am a first time Jeeper, I figure this is the best way to feel out what kind of tires I want to have eventually without breaking the budget.

Smittybilt security console, CJ style body mounted mirrors and 1.25" body lift kit on the way. Also plan to go through all the hoses, gaskets, etc. Anyone know a good source for reading material?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Good luck with cj mirrors, they shake a lot aand when yours doors are on your lucky to see out of them. And body lift, yuck! But it's a beautiful jeep yu got!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From my motorcycle riding years, I am of the turn-your-head mentality. They're more for the cops to see. Besides, the ones on there now dont stand up to wind over 20 mph lol. Anything is an upgrade at this point!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Changed the valve cover gasket today and stopped the leak. Broke one of the bolts doing it, which will be a nice pain the back to remove. Im happy to say that even with the broken bolt, I am leak free!

Also replaced a front fog light bulb that was burned out, and reversed a tail bulb that was backwards. Otherwise, the turn signal was acting as my running light, and the running light as the turn signal. It was just bright, all the time.

Security console arrives tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts