Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be moving to Kentucky from Florida once August rolls around. My question is, have any of you taken your yj across the country (700 miles more accurate)? How did it handle your trip? You can check out my setup in my notes below. Will an engine block heater be necessary?
And I'd also like to know how a 2.5 running 4.56 geared trac lok diffs would handle the hills, mountains, and higher elevations.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just drove my 94 yj with a 2.5 500 miles today and it ran great! No problems kept it at 70 the whole way. I have a 4 in lift with 33's.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I drove my 95 2.5 from OKC to JAX, 1100 miles. Mostly stock besides A/T I bought for the trip in replace of M/T. I made sure to find a semi cruising at around 65-70 and followed him as long as I could. I changed all my fluids a few days before and that made a world of difference

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thought of the trip is making me a bit nervous, but it seems to be that I'll be fine. I work on the Jeep constantly, trying to make it better. Hopefully it'll treat me right the whole way up!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I drove my 94 yj 2.5 from Pennsylvania to Colorado and back. Bout 1400 each way. My jeep barely reaches what people would call "fair" condition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts