Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about putting a 3" inch body lift in my 92 YJ. I have been told not to because of stability & torque on the frame. I have been told to go for it but be prepared for other mods. need some advice and knowledge what the other mods might be. I have owned a couple lifted trucks but this is my first jeep and my first build from scratch. advice and knowledge is deeply appreciated. thank you

·
Registered
303 Posts
At three inch body lift, you will need to modify things like the steering shaft, brake lines, anything the goes from body to frame. I would suggst not to go body lift at all, but if you do, don't go more than 1 inch. Spring lifts or convert to SOA for best life vs. $ spent.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I run a 3 in body lift did not modify steering, shift linkage and I only extended brake lines because of 2/12 inch suspension lift. Love my 3 in lift have no problems with steering or driving. Never could figure all this crap about 3in body lift.TO EACH THEIR OWN ITS YOURS DO AS YOU PLEASE

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have read guys complain about their gas filler neck hose sometimes not being long enough with a 3" body lift.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Each Yj is different on what has to be modified and or changed when it comes to a lift.

Lets see if I can remember all of the changes I had to make...

Front to back...
Radiator shroud had to be lowered.
Steering sector shaft had to be lengthened.
Brake lines at the master needed lengthened.
Ground strap from the firewall to the motor needed lengthened.
Ground strap from body to frame needed lengthened (under pass. floor)
Floor around shifter needs to be cut.
Fuel tank hoses need lengthened.

And I'm sure I am missing something in through there as well, it was a few years ago, and although all these guys don't believe in a tall body lift. I have a 3" on mine and haven't had a single problem with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts