Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post, need a little help. I have found other treads addressing dash light issues but nothing that hits this problem specifically. I switched out the dash bulbs with LEDs on on the two instrument clusters. The right cluster was fine (fuel, temp, etc) the left cluster (speedo, Rpm) seems to be shorting. With the left cluster off the right cluster is lighting up fine so I'm sure its a problem there. The bulbs went in easy and I didn't pull on anything. With both clusters connected the 5 amp fuse blows instantly and I lose all the dash lights. I'm guessing the ground came off or I developed a short. Any ideas are welcome, electrical is not my superpower. I can't tell where the ground is on this and all the wiring looks pretty good. I've learned so much from this forum and hope to contribute what I learn now as a member. Thanks much

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Pin 21, (18OR/BLK) is the power for the illum. lamps
Pins 10,11, and 20(18BLK) are the grounds.

An FYI about LED bulbs, they are polarity sensitive. They only illuminate one way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts