Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first YJ yesterday and since I'm planning so much figured I'd start up a thread to keep track of everything and share the changes... it'll be slow going for a while starting with minor imperfections and such... I have this amazing image in my head so hopefully we will reach that at some point...

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Currently assessing all the rust that's on her... pulling out all the seat brackets and roll cage and hoping to have all that done by possibly the end of the weekend. Photos showing those areas currently and part of the rear seat brackets already wire wheeled, primed and painted hanging in the garage

Attachments

·
Registered
848 Posts
Slow and steady gets projects like this done. It can take a while but keeping chipping away at the "list" recognizing that you may add more than you take off as you learn more about your Jeep.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well as of today the seats are out and all of the seat brackets have been removed... should be pulling the roll cage this weekend and getting started on that... after fully seeing the condition of the bedliner it will need to be redone also going to remove the transmission access plate (or whatever it is called?) And get it painted.

ForumRunner_20170210_101350.jpg

ForumRunner_20170210_101359.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This evening I ordered Raptor Liner to redo the Interior of the Tub, a replacement Glove Box off ebay and also a new marine grade radio because the current one got wet and doesn't work... I went with the JVC KD-R97MBS so hopefully it'll work out alright for what I'll need... Also my husband will be taking the seat brackets to a friend of ours house to use their cabinet to sandblast them tomorrow which will be nice in comparison to having to hand grind them down!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2/12/2017 Update!

Starting to come along! I will be checking local stores to pick up paint for vinyl and plastic and be pulling the dash pad and dash to painting all of it black to match the interior... But as of now she is gutted minus the soft top bars on the back. The tub has been sanded down anywhere where the prior bed liner has chipped off or was peeling. Scuffed the top of the existing bed liner and cleaned it out then used self etching primer to cover all the bare metal areas... Raptor liner should show up on the 16th so hopefully I can get her sprayed next weekend! I also ordered a new transfer case shifter Clip and Insulator to fix my loose shifter (thanks to DREDnot who told me what it was called) The roll cage has successfully been sanded/grinded/blasted down to bare metal and mostly primed and painted.

Next up on the list of things to buy will be the products to redo the dash I am looking at SEM products for that. We will also be replacing all of the seat belts. Also looking at new front bumpers and I think I am going to go with Poison Spyder.

Side note... excuse the horrid mess of a garage

·
Registered
87 Posts
Starting to come along! I will be checking local stores to pick up paint for vinyl and plastic and be pulling the dash pad and dash to painting all of it black to match the interior... But as of now she is gutted minus the soft top bars on the back. The tub has been sanded down anywhere where the prior bed liner has chipped off or was peeling. Scuffed the top of the existing bed liner and cleaned it out then used self etching primer to cover all the bare metal areas... Raptor liner should show up on the 16th so hopefully I can get her sprayed next weekend! I also ordered a new transfer case shifter Clip and Insulator to fix my loose shifter (thanks to DREDnot who told me what it was called) The roll cage has successfully been sanded/grinded/blasted down to bare metal and mostly primed and painted.

Next up on the list of things to buy will be the products to redo the dash I am looking at SEM products for that. We will also be replacing all of the seat belts. Also looking at new front bumpers and I think I am going to go with Poison Spyder.

Side note... excuse the horrid mess of a garage

your garage is like mine. I have to make space everytime i have a project. Good job so far. Youre like me. Im painting myself.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm curious to how your raptor lining turns out. Looking forward to seeing the results and hearing your opinion on it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm hoping the liner will arrive this evening! UPS always delivers late though... we are loaded up and heading to a friends to finish up the sandblasting on the seat brackets! I am so ready to get the inside all done! I will definitely be posting photos of the liner hopefully soon! In the meantime tonight I changed out all the dash bulbs to LEDs in Ice Blue and love how they came out! Here's a Before and After shot!

ForumRunner_20170215_235926.png

ForumRunner_20170215_235935.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Getting all taped off and wrapped! I'll be spraying the liner today as long as the temp stays up and the humidity stays down!

ForumRunner_20170218_120426.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Liner is all sprayed!

ForumRunner_20170218_195421.jpg

ForumRunner_20170218_195431.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks good. I was getting ready to do this to my 93 YJ before she was murdered. The lining looks great and holds up really well against the elements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you! It was my first time ever spraying anything with a gun and air compressor... it's all new to me! My husband has a CJ7 but it's mostly restored and he bought it that way so he does little stuff here or there with his but this was my gift after I got hooked driving at Hidden Falls and it needed a little work... trying to do most of it myself since it is my Jeep lol!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Figured I'd do a quick update...
-All seat hardware has been painted and is slowly getting installed in its proper place now that it's been a few days after spraying the bed liner.
-Ordered all the SEM products to redo the dash in black.
-Old Radio has been removed
-Lots to clean up wire wise regarding the sound system.
-Shooting to have her reassembled by Saturday to actually enjoy a ride! Only time I've drove is the drive home after picking her up!
-Bouncing off ideas for names thinking nautical stuff and not sure what yet...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the dash done this morning... everything is painted just need it all to dry so I can get it all back together and actually enjoy a ride lol!!!

ForumRunner_20170224_082302.jpg

ForumRunner_20170224_082310.jpg

·
Registered
250 Posts
Looking good! Your slow going transformation is moving along pretty quickly!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looking good! Your slow going transformation is moving along pretty quickly!
This is probably it for a while... haha once the inside got started I've been trying to move along so I can start driving it! The dashboard was the last thing to do before getting the roll cage and seats back in!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts