Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93 wrangler with a 4.0l and i want to put the better intake from a 96 tj. my power streering pump has a remote resivoir .

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
How is the TJ intake any better? I guess it is higher which is good for water crossings, it actually sounds like kind of a good idea if you don't run the factory jack.... I would kinda like to see this done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the tj intake is more rounded like a half circle compared to the 93 that has the air do a 90 deg turn into #1 #2 #5#6 cyclinders

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
ohh the intake manifold.... I have one of the new style intake laying around that a friend gave me for the throttle body. I thought about doing that swap in the past but i remember hearing the ports were different and you had to do port matching. I never looked that far into it but i know it's not a bolt on swap. The power steering thing might or might not be a problem, i am pretty sure all of the pumps are pretty similar not 100% sure on it but it probably wouldn't be that hard to make work. Maybe someone whose done the swap will post here cause id like to hear about whats involved.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts