Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 4.0L YJ that I am having a tuff time getting it started. I can get it started, but to do so I must put the gas pedel to the floor. I dont have to do it every time just 95% of the time, so pretty much every time. Once started it runs prefect other than it kinda has a low idle. I have changed spark plugs and wires, cap and rotor and changed the fuel and air filter. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Your fuel pressure regulator has gone bad. It is located at the front of the fuel rail. Had the same problem myself. It is about the size of a half dollar with a single hose leading to it. They are about $90. Good luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
theamazingbeas said:
Your fuel pressure regulator has gone bad. It is located at the front of the fuel rail. Had the same problem myself. It is about the size of a half dollar with a single hose leading to it. They are about $90. Good luck!
Thanks for the help, I'll give it a shot

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a 4.0 doing the same thing, I changed the throttle control sensor and idle control sensor and fixed the problem, easy to replace, if the regulator does not work try the sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts