Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 jeep yj that I bought that has a 4.3l vortec from an 01 chevy blazer with an 80 pin pcm. I need to figure out where the ASD relay (87) green/orange wires are supposed to hook to. Please help been trying to figure out for a while and cannot seem to wrap my head around it.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I have wiring diagrams in my signature. That wire goes to the ignition coil, fuel injectors, O2 sensor, and maybe something else... Check the manual to be sure. There's lots of good info in there.

Make sure you use the "Wiring Diagrams YJ" PDF. It's in the 93-95 folder.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got all the info on where ASD is supposed to go and I was hooking it up right however I am being backward 12v from somewhere and it's getting to late to try and trace it out tonight. If you have any ideas let me know. Thanks for the diagrams they were the best I've found.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
"I am being backward 12v from somewhere"? What do you mean by this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Backfed" sorry. What it appears to me is that he may have had the hot downstream of the asd relay hotwired and was not using the asd. That being said me trying to hook it back up right is making all of the downstream side of the relays hot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts