Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I really hope this is the right place to post this(mods I'm sorry if I'm wrong). I'm new to the site, I was given a 93 YJ with seized 2.5, no driver side floor pan and no interior. I received it from a dear friend who got too sick to wrench on it, fast forward to this July I decided it was time to start the tear down to start build up. After pulling the motor and tearing it down I realized it had spun a main bearing and blew the head gasket. After calling a few machine shops and considering a rebuild decided that with shop work and master kit, $900ish was too much to spend on a 4 banger. Lots of research later I've decided to go with a sbf, knowing that it is an entire drivetrain swap. Last week I bought a 97 Explorer (with 3.73L 8.8??) for cheap. Next step is finding 5sp trans and deciding on TC and front axle and tearing down explorer.

·
Registered
848 Posts
You are in the right place.

When I received my '92 it had a serviceable 4 cyl but drivers side floor was gone and as I later found out the frame needed some serious repairs. I went the SBC route but I am sure there will be a lot of people here that can help with the swap you are starting.

If you are not aware of vendor sites such as Novak do some checking as they have a lot of valuable information regarding engines, transmissions, etc. that help point you in the right direction.

Having the entire donner vehicle is a big help because you have all the electrical system in addition to the hardware to help the transplant process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts