Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 93 wrangler about 2 months ago with 162k. the previous owner said he had the clutch master cylinder replaced about 2 months prior to my purchase. about a month later the pedal dropped and the master was empty. i found that theres an o-ring behind the pushrod where it connects to the pedal inside that was blown out and fluid was leaking inside the firewall. so i replaced the master, bled the system and the pedal was nice and stiff for about 2 weeks then it dropped out again. same o-ring again failed. so i thought maybe, the pushrod where it connected to the pedal behind the cotter pin, there seems to be quite a bit play maybe casuing premature wear in the cylinder bore. so i called the local chrysler/dodge/jeep dealer and asked if there is a bushing on the pedal part to prevent such free play. obsolete part from chrysler, no one aftermarket showed a listing, so i went to quadratec website and found a clutch/brake pedal bushing. ordered the bushing and it just came in today, but it was not right, way to big to fit on the pedal. so i guess my question is, is there really a bushing in that location? or maybe have i just been getting garbage aftermarket clutch master cylinders?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts