Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started my SBC swap this week. 350, 700R4, NP231 transfer case. Standard swap. I put new gaskets throughout the motor, crossing my fingers on the 700R4 that it still runs right, and was going to do the NP231 hybrid case.

So I got the old motor/trans pulled today. I put in the new motor mounts (Trans Dapt) and set the whole kit and caboodle in to see where things were going to line up. I haven't done the hybrid case yet, but something peculiar is going on. The NP231C as is, is 13 inches from yoke to axle flange. The original driveshaft is 12 3/4 inches. So theoretically, I can run the NP231C as is, as long as I'm not concerned about the speedometer? Correct?

I can post pictures of this a little bit later. It's dinner time and I'm starving.

Eric

·
Registered
848 Posts
Not directly comparable but when I did my swap I put in a 350, NV3550 transmission with a Novak adapter between the transmission and the bell housing, used the standard NP231 transfer case (except with the input shaft change), and ran the standard drive shaft.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts